Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Do you like me?

Last night after I tucked Stetson into bed and gave him his goodnight kisses, I walked out of his room. As I was turning down the light he asked,
"Do you like me, mom?"

This is a question he asks me all the time. But it is also something I tell him all day long. I tell him how much I love him and like him. I tell him he is my favorite, that I love his face and his freckels and I love how funny he is. And as much as I enjoy telling him, I think he likes to hear it more. Stetson equally enjoys making sure that we know how much we mean to him.

After I assure him one last time for the night, I get thinking...
How many of us out there love ourselves with an unconditional love?

If you are like me your always able to come up with a long list of things you wish you could change about yourself, but when it comes to things you like or love about yourself the list isn't quite as long.

It is a hard balance. But of all the things I have learned especially in the past year it is one of the simplest, yet most important.

So from now on, instead of looking in the mirror and seeing everything I am not, I will look in my eyes and manifest why I love me.

I love my laugh. I love that when something makes me laugh, I don't hold it in but rather throw my head back and revell in the moment. I love that I can appreciate the comedy that is life.

There is so much for us to love about ourselves, for everything we are and can become when we just believe in ourselves.

No comments: