Monday, July 14, 2008

Little Boys and skinned knees

I had a funny experience yesterday. It was when I realized that my baby boy was becoming a little kid. We went to my dads house for a barbeque with the family, and while there, Stetson was playing and walking around. Well... he fell down on the gravel driveway and skinned his knee. So I took him in and sat him down on the counter. We wiped off the dirt, then washed out the scrapes. Then we had to use a disinfecting wipe. Stetson did not like that. Then onto the anti-bacterial ointment and finally a couple of band aids. He was such a trooper, putting on a brave face. And I realized that though I have been a mom now for over 16 months, that I am now going into a new phase that will only continue. It is so incredible to me, and I am thankful for the opportunities that I will have.

No comments: