Thursday, May 28, 2009

Austin

My youngest brother Austin has been on his mission for 2 months now, and he went from the Lima, Peru MTC Tuesday to his area in Arequipa. I miss him so much already. Last week he wrote my parents and told them how they were almost attacked by a gang with baseball bats on the street while they were out proseliting. A shopkeeper saw what was about to happen and ushered the missionaries into his shop, it was closing time so he got them in there and locked the doors than took them back to the MTC. He was letting us know that even though he will be faced with adversity he knows that Heavenly Father is watching out for him, and wants us to know that as well. Now we have had some exciting things happening in our family, and I wrote Austin and thanked him for his example and faithfulness because I can see the blessings in our lives and here was his reply:
" Hola Jamee,
That is so cool what is happening to Lindy and Shaun right now and if its because of me its because of you. You helped me go on a mission, think of all the blessings that can happen to our family now it's just going to be like seeds and keep on sprouting and geting bigger. I love to hear about things like that cause hopefully I'm doing something good out here in Peru and the Lord is blessing me. Love you alot and I'm leaving on Tuesday. Dios bendiga"

1 comment:

Hoggards said...

How special! You are awesome Jamee! And so scary about that gang thing! My brother is in the MTC right now and we would all be freaking out if he wrote home about something like that!