Thursday, May 28, 2009

Reading Corner

I have become addicted, yes addicted to reading. I was when I was younger, but when I got married I sort of forgot that I loved to read. I read tons of "Pregnancy" and "New Mother" books but not really anything else. Well, after much twisting of my arm I finally broke down last October and read Twilight, duh duh duh and LOVED it!!! So when I saw the movie I thought of how if you hadn't read the book you missed out on so much, which is what made me go to the start of the Harry Potter series and read the through all of Harry's demons. Chad and I had a joke since I read at night after Stetson is in bed that I was attending night classes at Hogwarts. But I have also read some other really great books besides the Harry Potter and Twilight series so here are my recommendations: Tuesdays with Morrie is a great book with valuable life lessons, my mom gave all her children a copy of this on our birthdays and I loved the simpleness of it, be kind, love your friends and family. Stuff we know but sometimes forget.

And I thought I loved Twilight, The Host was definatley worth reading. Some people told me they had a hard time getting into this book. I didn't. I really enjoyed this story.

If you are into cheesy LDS romance novels, and love music, you will love this series so far their are 4 books that follow Jayson Wolfe through life the ups and downs with great messages and a gooey love story this is a great series to fall in love with.
Last but not least there is the FableHaven series. My friend Shay recommended this series, and I thought, "Why Not?" This would be a great series to read with your children Stetson is still too young. It is full of fantasy, action, adventure, and all sorts of magical things. In fact it looks like my new blog skin has been kissed by the fairies of Fable Haven the author is LDS so you don't have to worry about what may come up. Over all this is a great series and a fun read.

Now I want to hear what books you recommend, I am going to need something to read soon, post your comments and let me know. Thanks:)

1 comment:

Shay Lee said...

Awesome!!! You know how we always talk about movies and books? well, I just had a thought, inspired by this post. Maybe we could do a blog for just that. The two of us together. It could be fun!! Tell people what movies and book are good and what are not. post pics, have discussions. What do you think ol' buddy? Let me know. I love this post by the way!!