Saturday, December 19, 2009

The battle of the wrapped presents

Stetson has been really good this year about not touching the decorations on the Christmas Tree, or around the house. Last year, not so much. And my garland on my stairs has some cute big light bulbs on it that look like Christmas ornaments, last year he loved to pop them off and throw them down the stairs, thus ending up with a pile of broken glass. This year he did it once, and after the bulb broke he ran to his room crying. ( He must have forgot that they break) So why you may ask am I posting about Holiday Decorations, it's not so much the decorations as it is the presents. I have wrapped and re wrapped and re wrapped certain presents. This kid just cannot be left alone with them, because they must call to him..."Open me, open me, I bet I have a toy for you, OPEN ME!" Now I have tried to reason with him, tried to punish him, even tried to bribe him, to no avail. So now we know Stetson + Wrapped Prensents= Big Mess and another hour of re wrapping!

1 comment:

Tanya said...

Ahhh, I can sympathize. For us it was the ornaments though. At one point I found 6 glass ornaments stuffed down a heat vent. I had to confiscate a toy baseball bat because Nate kept hitting the tree with it. What cuties we have!