Tuesday, December 8, 2009

The Difference...

The difference between a man and a woman:
A woman will go to the store at midnight if it means she can go alone and not drag a child into the cold.
A man would feed his family cold cereal and ramen noodles to avoid going to the store. Period.
A woman will stay up 'till all hours of the night cleaning, just to get some housework done.
A man would prefer you not have any guests, (that way you don't have to worry about a destructive 2 year olds messes)
A woman wants to serve her family a delicious Sunday Dinner (if you're a women then you know the kind I mean)
A man thinks peanut butter and jelly sandwiches are great for Sunday dinner.
A woman will wake up the second her child is crying/stiring and go check on them
A man (if for some reason the woman doesn't wake up) will wake up his wife and tell her that the child is awake.
A woman will take around 30-45 minutes to get ready to go out
A man will shower, shave, brush teeth and hair, and can put on cologne in 5 minutes flat. (spending the rest of the time wondering what takes so long to get ready!?)
A man is willing to go out and brave the cold for at least 8 hours so that his family can be warm inside their home.
A woman hates shoveling snow and going outside in the cold.
A man is willing to get out of bed early to provide for his family.
A woman (this woman) is not a morning person!
A man gets up with a 2 year old on Saturdays just to watch cartoons and bond
A woman really appreciates it!

I have been struggling lately. And not with anything that I can put into words. I wish I wasn't, as Chad says "Everybody gets a little blue sometimes" I just feel like everything is being compromised. I know the things I need to do, but I feel so inadequate and useless, like I've lost before I begin. My family deserves more than I can give them right now, but what do I do? I wen't to The Forgotten Carols by Michael Mclean last Friday and there was a song with lyrics " I cannot find my way, I cannot find my way, I cannot find my way back home." That song really hit a nerve and I was crying. Because I understand those lyrics. Even when you know what you're supposed to do, you don't know how to do it. So for those of you who read this, I am not looking for people to feel sorry for me, or to feel like you have to leave a comment, this is mainly for me, to get out some of my feelings. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers on mine and my families behalf.

1 comment:

myrtle budge said...

I love blogs mainly for that reason. T and I were saying the other night that we wish people would understand that sometimes life is just hard and you want to complain about it without people worrying that something is wrong. So, anyway, I think I know what you mean.