Thursday, May 29, 2008

The Curse of being a night owl

I am not one of those people who can decide, okay, I am going to bed now. Turn off the t.v. or radio, and drift off into a silent slumber within a minute or so. I am the person who is still awake an hour later and asking my husband (who is asleep) to turn the radio back on, because the 59 minutes it gave me to fall asleep just didn't quite cut it! Some nights I just watch t.v., type on the computer, read a book or listen to some good old music to shut my mind off so I can fall asleep. And even then, I still lie awake just trying to make my mind go blank so that I can get some shut eye. On the days that I really feel desperate to get some rest and I can tell I am finally falling asleep, I get pretty excited. I go into that deep relaxation and (wah...)...wait, what's that. I think I hear a faint noise. Could Stetson be awake? I listen real close and don't hear anything, So I think that it is just my mom ears. Okay now finally I can sleep (WAAAAHHHH!!!!) or, maybe not.

1 comment:

Shay Lee said...

I swear Harlee has this sixth sense about when I have gotten in bed, relaxed, and on the verge of dreamland. It happens almost every night. Sometimes I think I'll stay up just a bit longer so I'll catch that little wake up and then she never wakes up so I trot of to bed, and guess what, that is when it happens. I've fallen asleep a few times in an uncomfortable position, or without covers on just waiting for it. But aren't they wonderful anyway.