Thursday, May 29, 2008

To cut or not to cut!?

To all who know I graduated from cosmetology school, about 4 years ago. My last goal while I was there, was to grow my hair out for a year, without cutting it off. Well it has been about 4 and a half years now since I have cut it. Don't get me wrong I trim it often. So my question is when did this hair become part of my identity? I love the fact that it is long, but hate that the only thing I can do with it is put it in a ponytail. This past month I have really been toying with the idea of cutting it to my shoulders. Right now it is past my shoulder blades, in the middle of my back. The funny thing about this is that when I was in school and ladies would come in with long hair, or they would be freaking out. Like I am now. I used to think it was so funny. What's the big deal. It's just hair. But is it just hair? What a silly thing to write about I know, but if you could understand the emotional turmoil I am going through. All because of this stupid hair.

1 comment:

nicole said...

I recently cut my hair to just above my shoulders. It used to hit the top of my pants. It wasn't a big deal to me as hair grows back, and I can always give it to Locks of Love and they'll use it to make wigs for kids who don't have hair!