Sunday, June 15, 2008

The Bunny and the Frog

Chad and I met online, but we did not date online. We were both on a web site called Imatchup.com. One night in June 2003 it was a Sunday, he sent me a flirt that said "How's it going" I sent one back, not realizing he was actually on that moment. All I typed was "Great" Well, that started an 8 hour IM conversation. The next day we started talking on the phone. We had set a date for Saturday night. But Friday he called and asked if I wanted to go to dinner. I accepted his request and met him at a little mexican restaurant called "Corinna's". He got there about 10 minutes before me, so he had time to tell the waitresses that it was a blind date, but that he liked me a lot. When I was driving there, I was so nervous. I walked in and there he was...glowing with white around him. I thought how strange that was, but I felt like I already knew him. He handed me a yellow rose, and we went to our table. We were only able to spend about an hour together because he still had to work. As I drove home I remember thinking of how comfortable I was with him. The next day was Saturday and we went on our date as planned. It was a lot of fun, we ended it with a long walk at sunrise, and no we weren't doing "anything" we didn't even kiss that night. But as I went to bed...that morning...I remember knowing that he was my companion, and one day we would soon be married. Now we have been married almost 4 years. They have not been easy, but I have loved him every step of the way. We have made a beautiful baby boy together, and hopefully will add to that. But he is a wonderful dad, who loves his son. He takes such good care of us. We love you Frog!

No comments: