Monday, November 17, 2008

" 8 Things"

Some of the ladies in my ward are doing this, and I thought I'd join along. If you want you should do it too!

1- I have had the same best friend for 17 years! We both got married less than a month apart, and our babies are less than a year apart, I can talk to her about anything.

2- I am super shy. Even if I know you I am still really shy. Sometimes I think people may see this as being stand-offish, I really am not.

3- I don't always word things right. This causes a lot of embarrassment on my part. Now I usually just warn people as I get to know them. It's like I am missing a sensor.

4- I rarely cry for myself, only if I am in a lot of pain or am really mad. Which is only a couple times a year. That being said, I bawl like a baby when I hear certain songs, read certain books, watch certain movies, or a stupid commercials. For example I almost always start crying in primary during singing time, but I try to hide it.

5- I absolutely adore Musicals and Theater. I have been in over 25 productions, and when I graduated high school I was very seriously contemplating going to New York, or going to SUU to be in the Shakespeare Festival.

6- I love to sing and dance. There is not a sporty bone in my body, but give me a pair of dance shoes and I will bust out some moves. I also have over 150 karaoke cd's, even though they don't get as much use now as they once did.

7- I am feeling old, which I know is funny but I turned 26 this year and am feeling the impending age of 30. Maybe it's because I really wanted to be done having children by the time I am 30 and I realize that it probably will not happen.

8- I enjoy vacuuming, but when I am done you have to be able to see the lines and the shadowing. I have been this way since I was a child, and it caused some anxiety when I worked at BYU in the custodial arts;) I couldn't see the lines because of the industrial carpet and it drove me crazy.

6 comments:

Julie Barfuss said...

I love your 8 things!

It's fun to see random stuff about everyone. :)

Thanks for sharing!

myrtle budge said...

Jamee I totally want to come karaoke at your house. I'm thinking girl party!!!

Jill Petersen said...

I'm thinking girl party too! Sounds like too much fun!

deedlebug said...

I love #6 - we might have a Karaoke Machine at our Ward Christmas party and we will be sure to have you share a few of your moves and favorite Christmas songs with us. I will put you down on the list. ;) I just read some of the other comments. It sounds like we will have plenty of people to call on to Karaoke. hahaha

Jamee Hardy said...

Wait...Look closely at #2. I am Super-Shy! Meaning I only do that stuff when I think no one is looking:)

Shay Lee said...

You and I both need to work on the shy thing again. I think we've reverted a bit since the comfort of marriage. Thanks for the shout out! 17 years is a long time, but I have a feeling it's just the beginning!Love ya!!