Friday, November 14, 2008

Called to Serve

 
 
 
 

So, yesterday Thursday November 13, 2008. Austin received his mission call. The funny thing was, he was out of town and didn't get home until 7:00p.m. The letter didn't actually make it to my dads yesterday. But a lady at the post office, who knows my dad saw the letter and knew what it was. It had just come to late to make it out. So she called my step-mom Karen, told her that the letter was there and offered to bring it by. The best part about this was, 1- Everybody was originally planning on being there at 8:00 so we could watch him open it. But when it didn't come, the plans were cancled. Well, at 7:00 Karen calls me and tells me we're back on. Austin however was still under the impression that it didn't arrive. So as he was downstairs showering, everyone was arriving. He was so suprised! So I know that I am rambling on... He has been called to serve in the Arequipa, Peru Mission! Spanish speaking. He will leave for the Provo, UT MTC on March 25, 2009 and be there for 3 weeks. He will then leave for Lima, Peru and spend the next 6 weeks in the Peru MTC. Then he will go out and share the gospel. We are all so proud of Austin. And I know he will be a great missionary.
Posted by Picasa





2 comments:

myrtle budge said...

yeeaah!!! that is so exciting. congrats to austin and you guys, too!

Tanya said...

What a fun surprise! That is very cool.