Friday, November 28, 2008

Black Friday

Now that it is officailly the day after Thanksgiving I can officially "decorate" my blog! Yay. Thanksgiving was great and delicious, and being with our families and loved ones was the best part. Though we did miss my mom, she's in Texas. Last night my brothers, and Heather spent the night, and for some crazy reason we woke up at 3:30a.m. to go Christmas Shopping! The best though was going to Kohls, and watching how nuts people get waiting in line, as for us the doors opened at 4:00, so we just waited at the front, but didn't get in the line, people were freaking out, thinking that we were trying to sneak in there in front of them. While Broc, Austin, and Heather worked their way in, I paitently waited outside till everyone had made it in, I was not willing to take a punch this morning. The best part about going with my brothers is that they are really funny and easy going, so while people were waiting in line to check out, and getting aggitated, we were laughing at the Kohles "bouncers" who were outside before the doors opened and making people get into line, they were also monitoring the lines! Yikes! After we went to Walmart, that was a joke, we couldn't even take a cart, because there was no way to manuver it. Walmart did not have a bouncer, though they did have a couple of the American Fork police officers there trying to keep order. Really, police officers! I am happy to say though that Stetson is done, and it makes me all the more excited. I hope everyone has had a happy Thanksgiving, and that you all enjoy the long weekend!

2 comments:

Julie Barfuss said...

Oh my. you are brave! I did not venture out at all in the early hours. But, I admire you for doing it!!!

Cute christmas look on the blog!

Jill Petersen said...

I like your new blog! I was thinking the same thing about Thanksgiving being over. I've wanted to change my header for a while. It still might take me a couple more days though!

I officially HATE black friday. After hearing on the news that a guy was trampled to death trying to stop the crowd at a Wal Mart in Jersey It makes me want to puke! What a sad thing for that family to have to go through just because people are jerks!

I think it's great you are all done shopping for your little guy! It's a nice feeling huh? We decided to get the kids one thing this year since we are going to my mom's in Washington. Last year I got a little out of control and bought way too much for them! I only have two things to get but I am waiting for the paycheck!!!